Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What are Affirmations?

I have been reading some of the comments that you have been writing. I look forward to reading them everyday. I feel the need to define what I mean about affirmations. I have been reading and following the teachings of Louise Hay. Louise Hay is a metaphysical lecturer and teacher and best selling author. Louise Hay has assisted millions of people in discovering and using the full potential of their own creative powers for personal growth and self healing. I have been reading her book "You Can Heal Your Life" and I have a box of her affirmation cards. Affirmations are small but key positive messages to the self. They are used as reminders, helping to keep positive messages at the forefront of our consciousness. They are a powerful tool in supporting positive thinking and are very effective in changing life patterns and perspectives. I find that the affirmations on the cards are helping me to harness the power of positive thinking and direct it to specific areas of my life that need attention or where I want to bring change. As I stated in my first post, I randomly choose a card from the box each day and read it aloud. Throughout the day I try to find where in my life this affirmation would have meaning and how it can help me to achieve a positive change in that area of my life. I then share this affirmation on my blog. The title of each blog posting (with the exception of today's and yesterday's post) is the affirmation that is written on the card that was pulled for that day. It is my hope to send a positive vibration out into the universe to help me to achieve my goals. I also hope to gain insight and support by others who are reading my posting. As I stated before I am very excited to hear from all of you and I hope in some way these affirmations are helping you as well. For those of you who have sensed that I am bragging that I'm fabulous and infallible when I write "Everything I touch is a success" I am not. That is the affirmation on that day's card and the rest of the posting is where I find meaning from that day or a particular area of my life that I would like to make better. I apologize for any confusion. I have found a great site with all of the affirmation cards. I have posted it under My Favorite Sites on my blog. Go to the site. Click on the word shuffle and choose your own affirmation for the day. Good Luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Using affirmations utilises the power of auto-suggestion. If I can explain this easily; The subconscious mind accepts all that it is told as being truth and seeks to manifest the physical equivalent of the thoughts it is being told. The way that we can begin this manifestation process is to continually repeat what we would like to manifest and 'deceive' (meant in the nicest way)the subconscious mind into believing that we already have something so that it seeks to start manifesting that thought. This is why affirmations are a great tool for manifesting your desires.

Happy Manifesting!

Julieanne