Saturday, August 2, 2008

I Am Worth Loving

Today's affirmation states: "I do not have to earn love. I am lovable because I exist. Others reflect the love I have for myself." It's quite funny how each card that I randomly pull from the deck each day are appropriate for what is happening in my life. My middle son is a typical 14 year old who can be quite defiant. He and I have been working on our relationship. He thinks he is an adult and can do whatever he wants and I of course know that he has many years of maturing to do before he can have such freedoms. I spent most of last night sleepless and asking God and the universe for an solution to bring him and I to an even balance. As soon as awoke I pulled a card from the deck and it says "I am worth loving". There was my solution. We are all worth loving. The situation with my son can only be resolved with LOVE. The more I tell him he is loved, the more likely he is to show love and respect towards those that love him. I asked him to pull a card for himself. After he looked at me funny, he curiously chose a card. Ironically his card read " I balance my masculine and feminine sides." "The masculine and feminine sides are in perfect balance and harmony. I am at peace, and all is well." This comes after we had a talk about creating a better balance in his life! Wow! I left it for him to think about. A few minutes later he leaves with a friend. I walked into his room- his bed was made and his clothes were picked up and I didn't have to call him back into the room because he missed something. This was truly a small miracle that has occurred in our household!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very true. Whenever there is conflict the best thing to do is dowse it with love. I think it is very right that he should know that he is loved no matter what he is going through. The teens are not easy, I remember I was a bit of a handful.

Miss Building Blocks said...

It's nice to read these affirmations. In a few days, I'll post teenage affirmations on my blog.

missbuildingblocks.blogspot.com