Wednesday, August 20, 2008

18 Years of Love and Happiness!



Yesterday (8/19/08)my husband and I celebrated our 18th Wedding Anniversary. Yup, my birthday and anniversary usually gets wrapped up in one long couple of days of celebrating (extra time on the treadmill again this morning). Sometimes we spend our anniversary just the two of us, but yesterday we decided to take kids in tow. We decided to visit one of our favorite haunts, NYC. We started off at SouthStreet Seaport and then walked to Little Italy for dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, Paesanos. NYC has an energy like no other place I've ever experienced. The people, the places, the streets, the smells are all energized to the max. I guess that's what draws us there so often. As we were walking from SouthStreet to Little Italy (longer walk than we anticipated)I was remembering what I was doing 18 years before. I was primping for the most memorable and probably the most important day of my life. I wore a beautiful white gown and veil. I had a professional photographer photographing every move I made. I rode in a white limousine to the church and then to the reception. It rained cats and dogs that day but to me it was the most beautiful day in my 26 years. Yesterday, I wore capris and my black croc flipflops but that's ok I was with the most important people in my life and that is all that matters. We had a great dinner and nice stroll around downtown. It was a great day and it has been a wonderful 18 years. I look forward to decades more! All of these feelings and events from my birthday to my anniversary ties in very nicely with the affirmations for yesterday and today!
Yesterday's Affirmation: "I am safe in the universe and all life loves and supports me.I breathe in the fullness and richness of life. I observe with joy as life abundantly supports me and supplies me with more good than I can imagine."
I truly felt a great sense of abundance yesterday and still do today. I felt full of the richness of life walking through the streets of NYC and spending time with those that I hold closest to my heart.
Today's Affirmation: "I am beautiful, and everybody loves me. I radiate acceptance, and I am deeply loved by others. Love surrounds me and protects me." Although it's back to laundry and all of the other household chores, it is a beautifully warm, sunny day today. My husband is back to work, the kids are occupied in some way or another and I am happy sitting here writing to all of you. I am very grateful to have such wonderful opportunities that allow me to share all that moves me and all that I care about.
What makes you feel safe, love and accepted?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and thanks for being a part of our gratitude gang.

Love your blog.

Michael Eck
www.theabcsofhappiness.com

Rev. Julieanne Paige, O.M.C. said...

Yesterday we celebrated 2 years since we left Australia for the UK. Your post has given me the courage to share our story and your affirmation helped with this. I hope you enjoy it. I have added link where you can find it. Congratulations and I know we will hit 18 years.

Julieanne
http://beinspiredtodaystories.blogspot.com/