Monday, August 18, 2008

Queen For A Day No More!

I just want to say thank you to all of the nice birthday wishes that were extended to me yesterday. I really had a nice and relaxing day. I was "Queen for the Day" as everyone waited on me hand and foot. My husband prepared a great dinner and my family came by. After dinner and cake, we lit a fire in the firepit on the patio and sat around the fire for a while. Today my reign as queen has ended. I hopped on the treadmill this morning (too much cake) and all was back to normal.

Ok-here is today's affirmation: "My work is deeply fulfilling. Today I give my best to that which I do, knowing that when one experience is complete, I am led to even more fulfilling and rewarding experiences." Being a teacher, I don't work in the summer. So my job during the summer months is reduced down to that of mother and wife, instead of mother, wife and teacher. I get to take off one of my hats for 2 months. The job of mother and wife can be very fulfilling! I feel fulfilled when my kids excel at something or when faced with a social challenge they make a good choice and do what is right and not necessarily what is popular. My husband and I have a very close relationship and we work together to raise the kids. He truly is my best friend. Tomorrow we will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary. It has been a very fulfilling 18 years. I feel very blessed to have such a loving family. We encounter many challenges but we work through them together. We know that when one task is complete, we will be led to another experience and we will tackle it together and grow from each experience that we encounter. In a couple of weeks I will put my teacher hat back on and I am looking forward to a new year with my students. I know that each day will be rewarding for them and me. Together we will grow and learn. They will make great strides during the school year and I am always so proud of all of their accomplishments.

How does your job fulfill you? I would love to know how you face challenges and create rewarding experiences with whatever you do.

1 comment:

Rev. Julieanne Paige, O.M.C. said...

My job right now is very fulfilling! However there has been sacrifices... like a regular paycheck for one. But I wouldn't trade it for the office for any amount of money. To know that someone is reading my thoughts or articles is my reward... and sometimes a nice hot caramel latte :)

Julieanne